After independence, there was a public demand that military training should be given to youth of the country in national interest for molding the character of young men and woman on right path. Youth is the cream of society and real wealth of nation. It is on their quality that the greatness of the nation depands, because the youth of the today are the leaders of tomorrow.
Introduction of NCC in the colleges:
The government of India passed an act in the Parliament to form the National Cadet Corps in the year 1948.
Aims of NCC.
- To develop character, comradeship, discipline, leadership, secular out look, spirit of adventure and the ideal of selfless service among the youth to make them useful citizens.
- To create, a human resources of organized, trained and motivated youth, to provide leadership in all walks of life, including Armed forces and always available to serve the nation.
- To create, a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up career in the Armed forces.
Cardinals of Discipline:
- Obey with smile.
- Be punctual.
- Work hard without fuss.
- Make no excuses and tell no lies.
Moto of NCC: Unity and Discipline.
NCC Day: The forth Sunday of November is celebrated as NCC Day.
OUR COLLEGE IS ATTACHED TO NCC GROUP HEADQUARTER PUNE
Students can participate in
1. NAVAL WING NCC: Attached to 3, Mah Naval Unit NCC
Vacancies: Boys- 40
Prof. D.K.Kamble (Dept of Physics) is In charge of NAVAL WING NCC
The parades are conducted at Government College of Engineering, Shivajinagar, Pune.
2. AIR WING NCC: Attached to 3, Mah Air NCC
Prof. D.K.Kamble (Dept of Physics) is In charge of AIR WING NCC
The parades are conducted at Wadia College Pune.
3. ARMY WING NCC: Attached to 2nd Maharashtra Battalion
Vacancies: Boys- 50
Prof. Sandip Navale (Dept of Physics) is In charge of ARMY WING NCC
The parades are conducted at NCC Group HQ, Pune.
Camps Conducted by NCC:
1. Combined Annual Training Camp (ATC)
2. Basic Leadership Camp (BLC)
3. Advanced Leadership Camp (ALC)
4. Per Republic Day Camp (Pre RDC)
5. Republic Day Camp ( RDC)
6. Independence Day Camp (IDC)
7. National Integration Camp
8. Ship Attachment Camp
9. Mountaineering Camp
10. Nau Sainik Camp
11. Thal sainik Camp
12. Vayu sainik camp
13. Paratrooping Camp
14. Air Force Attachment Camp
15. Trekking Camp…. Etc.
Structure of training: 3 Years
Boys and Girls
1. He must be the bonafied student of the college.
2. Physically fit
1. “B” Certificate: To appear cadet must have undergone training of two years in senior division/ wing with minimum 75% attendance. Must have attended one Annual training Camp
2. “C” Certificate: To appear cadet must be in passion of “B” Certificate. Must have 75% attendance. Must have attended two Annual training Camps.
Grading in Certificate Examinations:
1. A grade – 80% and above
2. B grade – below 80% and above 65 %
3. C grade – 50 %
ACHIEVEMENTS OF NCC, NAVAL WING CADETS DURING THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2010-2011
ACHIEVEMENTS OF NCC, NAVAL WING CADETS DURING THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2011-2012
ACHIEVEMENTS OF NCC, NAVAL WING CADETS DURING THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2012-2013
ACHIEVEMENTS OF NCC, NAVAL WING CADETS DURING THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2013-2014
ACHIEVEMENTS OF NCC, NAVAL WING CADETS DURING THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2014- 2015