Geography subject has been taught at special level in senior college Arts stream & junior college level to Arts & Science stream. Department has two permanent staff members namely Prof. (Dr) R. S. Suryawanshi, Head & Dr. A.N Shelar in the senior college. Prof. Abhinav Kurkute, Nayan Gaikwad & Dnyaneshwari Patil are working on temporary basis. Two staff members, Mrs. Tribhuvan & P. N. Jawale are working in the junior college. Mr. Umesh Dhondge is working as Lab attendant in the department.
Department of Geography has Association with "Bhoogol Mandal", which is actively engaged in various activities with the help of student representatives in the following programmes,
- News paper cuttings & articles on recent environment & geography related issues are put on display board, students read them & discuss amongst them.
- Slide shows, Film shows & PowerPoint presentations are arranged for the students, which help them in knowing different aspects of subject.
- The department arranges socio-economic & geographical surveys of the villages. Staff members explain the methodology. The intention of this type of fieldwork is to develop research ability in the students.
- Department arrange the visits to various institutions like IMD, Central Water Power Research Station (CWPRS), Ralegan Siddi , Agricultural Exhibitions (Kisan) etc.
- Department of Geography also arranges lectures of eminent personalities on different subjects related to geography.
Every year department arranges short & long study tours for students. Students visit geographically interested areas. During the conversation with teachers, students are supposed to note down the changes in the climate, relief, soil type, rock, natural vegetation, cropping patterns & identification of Physical features. With the help of Toposheets and GPS instrument they can develop their knowledge. Students also visit different urban centers & study the urban patterns of development & their problems.
Department of Geography has General and Special subjects at undergraduate level. The following major subject is being taught as per class.
Gg- 110 Elements of Geomorphology (G-1)
Gg-210 Geography of Disaster Management (G-2)
Gg-220 Tourism Geography (S-1)
Gg-201 Fundamentals of Geographical Analysis (S-2)
Gg-310 Regional Geography of India (G-3)
Gg-320 Population and Settlement Geography (S-3)
Gg-301 Techniques of Spatial Analysis (S-4)
The total student strength of the Department of Geography is given below.
S.Y.B.A – Special Subject – Total 3 batches (Per batches 12 students)
T.Y.B.A – Special Subject – Total 3 batches (Per batches 12 students