The University of Pune started Electronic Science as a separate discipline in the Science stream in 1985-86. Abasaheb Garware College was one of the first among few Colleges in Pune University to start Electronic Science as a Principal Subject at B. Sc. Level. Earlier it was a part of Physics Department.
The Department of Electronic Science was formally established as a separate Department from June 1994. Prof. G. Y. Bhat was Head of the Department from 1994 to 2002 Presently Dr. P.B.Buchade is working as Head of the Department.
From academic year 2009-10, Department has also started MSc (Electronic Science) course. Department is Recognized Research Center of SPPU from 2015-16.
- Highly qualified staff having more than 15 years of experience in teaching field.
- Well-equipped Laboratories.
- Library with good collection of books which includes text books and reference books.
- Advanced Syllabi at B. Sc. Level include advanced topics like PLC, micro controller and its applications, VHDL, MATLAB etc.
- Students do projects in our Laboratory or in industry at T. Y. B. Sc. Level.
- We arrange seminars and lectures of experts in subject for B. Sc. Students.
- Our students are placed in reputed companies.
|F. Y. B. Sc.||100|
|S. Y. B. Sc.||60|
|T. Y. B. Sc.||48|
|M. Sc. I||24|
|M. Sc. II||24|