M.E.S. Abasaheb Garware College Affiliated to University of Pune
Department of Biotechnology
The success of upcoming Biotechnology industry in achieving developmental (technical and commercial) targets is crucially dependent on highly skilled personnel at all levels of operations. To cater to this need for highly skilled personnel, academic institutions are looked upon as a major resource. Keeping this in view, Biotechnology Department was established in the year 2005 and M.Sc (Biotechnology) was started in the year 2008-09. The Department has a enthusiastic, well qualified and committed staff for undergraduate and post-graduate courses.
The department has been encouraging the students to independently think as well as implement research ideas. The faculty also guides the students during their participation in a number of co-curricular as well as extra-curricular activities. The alumni have been guiding the present students with respect to the placements, studies as well as summer trainings.
The mission of the Biotechnology program at MESAbasahebGarware College is to provide its students with an education that establishes a strong foundation. The department work to create mutually beneficial partnerships between industry and education and develop the technical and critical thinking skills necessary for success in the field.
• Five students of M. Sc 2012 batch qualified the UGC NET/ JRF exam.
• One student was placed in LupinPharma, 2 in Reliance Lifesciences, 1 in NCL, Pune, 1 in TIFR as Junior Research Fellows, Pune and another one a dairy industry in Nashik.
• 2 students of the 2012 batch have got appointment as Assistant professors in Biotechnology Department in colleges.
• Anuja Joshi, Saniya Jawadekar and SumedhaKondekar on successful completion have joined the course of Integrated Ph.D. at Indian Institute of Sciences (I.I.Sc.), Bangalore.
• TruptiTogar was selected for M.Sc. Biotechnology at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee.
• KetakeeGhate joined Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) to pursue Integrated Ph.D.
• Numerous students of B.Sc. were selected to pursue different post graduate courses at different Universities as well as Off campus departments.