SPECIAL FEATURES OF THE HOSTEL
The lush green surrounding adds to the beauty of airy hostel buildings. Vermicompost project in the campus utilizes all the waste material of the kitchens.
DAILY MANAGEMENT OF HOSTEL
We encourage the students to participate in the daily administration of the hostel. The Principal, the Rector, the assistant rector, the Wardens and representatives from amongst the resident students shall constitute the "Hostel Committee". The representation of students shall be as under:
- 1 Warden: One for Gents, one for Ladies
- 2 General Secretary: One for Gents, one for Ladies
- 3 Floor Representative: Minimum one per floor
- 4 P.T.Leader: One for Gents, one for Ladies
Festivals such as Dasera, Durgapooja , Saraswatipoojan , Gudhipadva, Makarsankrant , Rakshabandhan , Diwali shall be celecrated. Special days such as Vivekanand Jayanti, Teacher's day , Shivjayanti are also Celebrated. Programmes such as Ganapati Festival, Hostel day give an opportunity to hostelites to mix with others and know the other hostelites and also give them an opportunity to lead and express their special qualities. We conduct-competitions such as elocution, debate, quiz, singing, storytelling, group discussion, art competition, room and floor decoration and also organize fun fair and variety programmes. These activities enable students to overcome homesickness.
SPECIAL ACTIVITY OF HOSTEL
- Our special activity is the DAILY COMPULSARY P.T.
- The P.T. is organised everyday between 6:00am to 6:30am.
- Special trainning of SURYANAMASKAR is given in the second term. A beautiful demonstration is organsied on RATHASAPTAMI every year.
SPECIAL AWARDS FOR HOTELITES
The "Best Hostelite Award" is given to the selected student (one boy & one girl each) every year.The academic performance, participation in extra curricular activities, leadership qualities, discipline & overall personality of students is considered in selecting the Best Hostelite.