YOUTH RED CROSS UNIT
ABASAHEB GARWARE COLLEGE,
KARVE ROAD, PUNE-411004
Incharge : Mr. Nirbhay Sudhir Pimple, Department of Zoology.
Under the Guidance of : Prof. R.V.Kulkarni (Hon. Secretary of Indian Red Cross Pune Distirct Branch) Dr. S. G. Gupta (Principal M.E.S. Abasaheb Garware College)
• Volunteer Services
OUR POLICY STATEMENTS
Young People have a Key Role to Play
1. In the provision of the Movement's Service.
2. As important target group both in Membership and in the Wider community.
3. As a Leader & Management of the Movement of Today.
4. Today's Youth will be the Leaders of Tomorrow.
5. To channelize their energy towards the positive approach towards various social issues.
Boys and girls of Abasaheb Garware College can enroll as volunteers of Youth Red Cross Unit. An interview is conducted by the Indian Red Cross Unit (Pune District Branch), the selected students have to undergo 3-4days HIV/AIDS and disaster management workshop. These students then are known as "PEER LEADERS". These Peer leaders work as volunteers and carry out various activities along with Pune District Red Cross Unit.
• Three Days Workshop on "Humanitarian Values and Disaster Management
• HIV/AIDS Youth Peer Education Program
• Inter-Collegiate "The Red Ribbon Project".
• Visit to Society of Friends of the Sassoon Hospital-"SRIVATSA".
• Blood Donation Camp.
• College Introduction to Red Cross.
• Visit to Remand Home-Shivajinagar on occasion of "Rakshabandhan"
• Inter-Collegiate Parivartan Mashal Rally
• National Blood Donation Day Rally.
• State Level Youth Red Cross Disaster Management Training Camp at Netaji Subhashchandra Bose Boy's Military School, Phulgaon, District. Pune).
• Visit by delegates of German Red Cross to Abasaheb Garware College, Pune-4.
• Blood donation camp organized by Jankalyan in association with Youth Red Cross and NCC unit of Abasaheb Garware College, Karve Road, Pune-4.
• Two days workshop on HIV/AIDS awareness.
• Visit to deaf and dumb school.
• Mulla Mutha river clean up drive.
• Participating in intercollegiate Street play competition.
• Red ribbon drive.
Presently there are nearly 147 students enrolled as volunteers from Abasaheb Garware College.